Search This Blog

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Feeding Frenzy Friday

Something I've noticed about many blogs is that they have a special theme for certain days of the week.  Thankful Thursday, Weird Wednesday, Wordless Wednesday, Family Time Friday, etc.  I've decided to start Feeding Frenzy Friday.

I've been so blessed.  I'm far from wealthy, but I don't go to bed hungry, sleep on the street, or worry about where my next meal is coming from.  There are so many in this world who can't say the same.  There are hundreds of homeless students in the local school district.  The food pantries can't keep up with the demand.  There are quite a few extra drives going on around here to help stock their shelves, but I'm hearing that they still don't have what they need.  There are simply too many in need and money is so tight for all.  I'm always so discouraged by the small amount I can do, but if many people each do something small, it turns into something big.  Every Friday, I'm going to post an item and then go to the store and pick up $5-10 worth of that item to take to church on Sunday for the food collection.  I invite any of you that can to do the same (set your own amount based on your own situation) and leave me a comment that you participated so we can all see what we contributed to.  (All of the items I choose will be taken directly from the list posted online by one of our local pantries of things they need the most...It's a very long list.)

This week's item: Peanut Butter

1 comment:

  1. God bless you on your Feeding Frenzy Friday! The way I do it is go through the organizations that send me things in the mail asking for help and give a little money where I can.

    ReplyDelete