Search This Blog

Monday, November 29, 2010

Excitement

Excitement at school today...we lost power for about an hour at the very end of the day.  There are no windows in my classroom, just an emergency light in the hall (which is no where near as bright as I thought it would be) and 2 small emergency flashlights plugged in around the room that charge whenever the power is on and turn on when the power is off.  I had 18 kindergartners in my classroom at the time and it got VERY dark.  We were lucky they were all sitting and we were rehearsing.  No one was up and getting a tissue or in the bathroom.  I was standing at the piano, kind of hoping it would come right back on, when there was a very small voice, "What happened?"  They were great...just stayed in their seats (no crying, no panic) until I could get the doors open and grab one of my flashlights out of an outlet.  By the time I was getting them into line, a few at a time, their teacher arrived and took them back to their classroom (where they had windows).  I <3 my kids!

Added 11/30/10: I can't just leave it at that, after the other 'excitement' not too far from here yesterday afternoon/evening.  Praise God that was all we dealt with in our school yesterday.  Please pray for all students and teachers at Marinette High School and especially for that young "suspect/victim."  God help our children!

No comments:

Post a Comment