Search This Blog

Monday, March 21, 2011

Jake and Nina Adoption Fund

Borrowed from their Razoo page (set up for them by another one of their friends):

Jake and Nina are two loving, awesome people who have been trying desperately to add a child to their family for 3+ years. God, apparently, has plans for them to help add to their family through adopting a baby boy or girl.


Jake and Nina met in 2005 and knew they were meant for each other right away. Nina knew he was the guy she was going to marry after only a month of dating. They were married in August 2007 and began trying for a baby soon thereafter. After a year of trying and many doctor's visits the year after that, they decided God had other plans for them. They've been trying to save up the money for adoption but it is a long road to save $25,000.

Nina has cried on my shoulder many times in frustration and sadness over not having a child of her own. Money should not be the reason holding these two awesome people back.

Nina works with autistic children as a behavior therapist/music therapist and Jake is an office manager. They are fabulous with kids and wonderful people. Let's do this for them!


Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord. Plans for good and not for evil. To give you a future and a hope.

From me:
Nina and I were friends ever since college.  She has always been a wonderful and supportive friend to me.  I would like to be able to be the same to her.  She and Jake would make fantastic parents.  The best I can do (for right now) to help them out is spread the word and pray.  If that's all you can do as well, please do.  If you are able and feel called to help them out financially, I've put Razoo's widget on the side of my blog.  Here is the direct link to the page if you would prefer.

1 comment: