Search This Blog

Friday, March 25, 2011

God's Work

I will not try to do God's work today.

I spent a few minutes in the Eucharistic Chapel in my church this morning.  There was a book of daily meditations sitting on the kneeler and after a few minutes of private prayer, I picked it up and found today's meditation.  The above quote was at the bottom of the page and quickly caught my eye.  My first thought was "What?  Why not?"  Then, I read the whole meditation.  I don't have it in hand right now, so I can't quote it verbatim, but the general idea is that so often we get in God's way or exhaust ourselves trying to do things that are in God's hands alone.  We need to trust more and do God's job less.  I really felt like a burden had been lifted right off my shoulders.  I only have to do my own work today, not God's...He's perfectly capable.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment