Search This Blog

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Go With God, Jeanne

Last week, at our all school Mass, Deacon Mike told the student body that Fr. Tim had been to visit Jeanne (see this post) earlier in the week.  As Father was leaving, he was saying his good-byes just in case she'd be gone before he got back the next day.  She assured him that she'd still be there.  She intended to die on her 75th birthday (Sunday).  3:00 Sunday morning she went Home.  Her funeral was today and most of the school attended.  The 3rd-8th graders were taken over as a group (only a few parents opted to have their students stay in the school - they acted as helpers to the K-2 teachers).  I was invited to sing in the choir, which I decided to do as a gift to Jeanne.  It was hard, though...I felt like I couldn't allow myself to cry since then I wouldn't be able to sing if I did.  In addition, I was sitting with strangers instead of my school family.  Somehow, I had thought that the hardest part of this was over...she'd stopped playing for us after Christmas, I'd said good-bye, her death on Sunday...but today was hard.  She was my friend and my cheerleader.  I'm not even doing very well at getting through this post without tears...

I'm sure I'll come back at a later date to finish this, but for right now, good-bye, Jeanne, go with God.  I'll miss you.

No comments:

Post a Comment