Search This Blog

Friday, December 3, 2010

Fruits of the Spirit: Always in Season

At the beginning of the school-year, it was announced that the school's Faith Focus was going to be the Fruits of the Holy Spirit.  We are focusing on one each month as a school (in prayer during announcements, at school Masses, and in the classrooms).  Teachers were asked to post the Fruits of the Spirit somewhere in their classrooms.  I'd already finished my bulletin boards by then, so I had some trouble figuring out where I was going to put them, but I found a tree that fit just great above my prayer table.  It came with green leaves and leaves in fall colors.  I started it out with green leaves and slowly changed them over to fall.  Then as fall started to feel more like winter, I took the leaves off.  At that point, I was thinking it looked kind of dumb...a tree that looked dead with a whole bunch of different fruit.  That's when I came up with the "tag line" that I put on the trunk:


I decided to put up a few snowflakes every time it snows until spring when I'll switch them out for the green leaves again.  December's Fruit is Patience, which is why there are currently 3 pears on the tree.  I put one of each on the tree to begin with and then as each month rolls around, I put 3 of that Fruit on the tree to show what we are focusing on.  At that point, they get a quote from scripture pertaining to that Fruit of the Spirit.


I'm very happy with it now...for a long time I felt like it looked like an afterthought in the room, but now it looks a little more like it belongs.

1 comment:

  1. I like your 'Fruits of the Spirit' tree! God bless you!

    ReplyDelete