Search This Blog

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Why a Blog?

To be honest, I still occasionally ask myself why I started a blog.  I have not always kept a diary.  I do not have the ambition to become a writer.  I do not even really feel the need to have a hundred "followers" of my blog.  (Though I will admit to checking my stats occasionally to see if anyone has checked it out lately.  My favorite thing is to see where those who have looked at it are from...I had 10 views from Russia last week!) 

The idea came to me when I was trying to write a letter to Rachel.  She's a former band student (still a current private student) of mine who asked me to be her Confirmation sponsor.  All sponsors were asked to write a letter for their candidates to read at their retreat.  I sat down to write the letter and got stuck.  So I did what many of us do so readily these days...I Googled "tips for writing a letter to a Confirmation candidate" and I found this blog entry.  It was incredibly helpful and all that I needed to get started.  Looking around that blog I found a link to St. Blog's Parish and I discovered that there are actually a lot of Catholic bloggers out there.  I got the itch to do a little blogging myself.  I got this blog set up rather quickly and posted my first entry on Nov. 11.  The rest is in my archives.  For other thoughts on why I'm working on this blog, check out this post from a couple of weeks ago.

On a side note, there are some young teens in my life who are having a hard time (some as a result of life and some as a result of bad choices).  Please pray. 

No comments:

Post a Comment