Search This Blog

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Our Lady of Good Help

You may have heard in the news that yesterday, the feast of the Immaculate Conception, Bishop Ricken, of the Diocese of Green Bay gave official approval of the Marian apparitions at the shrine of Our Lady of Good Help in Wisconsin.  He stated, “I declare with moral certainty and in accord with the norms of the Church that the events, apparitions and locutions given to Adele Brise in October of 1859 do exhibit the substance of supernatural character, and I do hereby approve these apparitions as worthy of belief (although not obligatory) by the Christian faithful.” 

As a part of earning my Marian Medal for Girl Scouts in middle school, I visited the shrine with my troop.  It's really a neat place and I've wanted to get back there for ages.  That's something that definitely rose high on my "to-do" list yesterday...maybe a Sunday drive after the New Year...

Anyway, if you want the full story, check out these links:

The news story posted by CatholicCulture.org: http://www.catholicculture.org/news/headlines/index.cfm?storyid=8505

The official web site of the Shrine of Our Lady of Good Help:
http://www.shrineofourladyofgoodhelp.com/index.html

No comments:

Post a Comment