Search This Blog

Friday, January 21, 2011

I'm a Loser

Before Christmas (in this post), I blogged about starting on a journey toward a healthier weight.  I'm really very impressed by the tool I found to help me...

I hate writing down every bite I eat.  It takes time to write it down, figure out the calories, points, exchanges, or whatever system you are using to keep track of how much you should be eating.  I'm usually fed up with tracking what I eat by the 2nd day.  www.myfitnesspal.com however, is working for me.  Once I enter a food, I never have to enter it again.  If I eat exactly the same breakfast I did the day before I can "copy yesterday."  Once I enter a recipe, I can always pull it up and add it to my day.  I can also enter any exercise I do and have it give me "positive" calories back for the activity.  The thing I like most is that I get instant feedback.  Weight loss is a waiting game.  The foods I didn't eat and the exercise I did today might not show up on the scale for 2-3 days.  I like to know that what I'm doing is making a difference, even if I can't see it yet.  At the end of the day, once all of my foods and exercise are entered, I can "close" the day.  Once I do that, a sentence pops up that says "If every day were like today...you'd weigh xxx.x lbs. in 5 weeks."  I know it's approximate, but it gives me some motivation to do it again the next day.  It's working, too...I'm down 4 lbs. since Christmas.

Happy Weekend!  (And Go Pack Go!)

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on the four pounds! :) That tool sounds fun! I like how you can "copy yesterday" and the cool message it gives you at the end of the day! Keep up the good work! :)

    ReplyDelete