Search This Blog

Friday, January 7, 2011

Blessings

Hmmm, so have you noticed yet that the posts I promised last Sunday have not yet materialized??  Several days ago, all semblance of motivation disappeared.  Between the slight let-down after the holidays, a full week back at school, sad news, money worries, and other (relatively) minor annoyances, this week seemed to drag on forever and has left me exhausted and down.

However, I don't want to write about how badly the week went.  I think, instead, it's time to see if I can come up with at least a half a dozen things that went right this week...think I can do it?  Let's see...

1) My cousin had a healthy baby boy - Adam James - on Monday.  Mom and baby are doing great and have since gone home.

2) All of my new band music arrived by the end of the week.  My bands only get to rehearse once a week (plus a weekly 15 minute individual lesson), so getting started on new band music right after a concert is a necessity.  Plus, I love getting new music, handing it out, and helping the students get started on it.

3) I had an accompanist for Mass on Monday.  With the return on Jeanne's cancer, she decided that she needed to conclude her music ministry with Christmas.  Therefore, I needed to have new help lined up by Monday.  I did...she's temporary, but I've got more time to find someone permanent.

4) The kids love the new song we're working on for Mass.  We've recently gotten new songbooks for school Masses (Never Too Young: Spirit and Song for Young People).  The music is awesome and one of my favorites is "We Are One Body."  We started learning it this week and the kids are as excited about it as I am.

5) I have not yet gotten the cough that's going around school.  This may seem like a small victory, but I always get the coughs and they frequently turn into something nasty, like pneumonia.

6) My new alarm clock is helping me to both wake up and fall asleep faster.  How does that work?  I'll have to post a review.

OK - so looking back, the week wasn't all bad.  I'm still tired, but there's a bit of a smile now.  I hope you can come up with at least 6 blessings from your week.  Please share in the comments!

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea!
    1.)I told my family that I would go on vacation with them to Palm Springs even though I have anxiety problems about leaving my apartment for extended periods of time. Everyone is happy including me! Vacation with Jesus! :)

    2.) My best friend is so happy and excited about a book I just read and told her I would send to her!

    3.) My apartment inspection went great and I didn't get too stressed out about it.

    4.) I gave an hour of my time just talking to someone who needed to talk and that person came back to me to thank me for my time! I made him happy!

    5.) I had the courage to tell my best friend about all the "not very Christian" feelings I had about people and situations in my life. I let her know the "real me" and let down my mask of being so perfect. I told her I would understand if she didn't want to be friends anymore and she said that she was happy that I was being real and found me "even more adorable than ever!" :)

    6.) I came to realize that God is even more merciful than I thought! He didn't strike me down after I wrote that email to my best friend!

    ReplyDelete